If the information you're looking for isn't on this page, or if you have any other questions, please contact Coronial Services by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0800 88 88 20.
If you or someone you know needs emotional support, help is available. This information may be helpful for you even if you feel you were not as directly affected as other people.
If you need to talk to someone
If you'd like to talk to another person about how you're feeling, you may want to:
- make an appointment with your doctor or GP. They can provide support or refer you to local community services.
- talk to a trusted person, your victim support worker or counsellor.
- free call or text 1737 anytime for a confidential conversation with a trained counsellor. This free counselling is also available at: 1737.org.nz(external link).
- call the Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO).
Key contact numbers
- Victim Support - 0800 842 846
- MSD Kaiwhakaoranga Service - 03 961 9257
Christchurch and Canterbury agencies:
- Purapura Whetu - 0800 4 94388 (0800 4 WHETU)
- Christchurch Resettlement Services - 03 335 0311
- CDHB Crisis Resolution - 0800 920 092
Resources to help you look after yourself and your family
Listed below are some helpful resources for looking after both your own and your family's wellbeing.
- Victims Info(external link) offers support for people affected by a crime.
- Canterbury Resilience Hub(external link) is a place that offers support following the Christchurch attacks.
- Allright.org.nz(external link) is a Christchurch-based mental health and wellbeing support initiative.
- Mental Health Foundation(external link) has a number of useful guides for helping you through difficult times, from dealing with grief and loss(external link) to tips for looking after yourself and your family(external link).
- The Lowdown(external link) is for young people, no matter what’s going on you’ll find ideas and people who can help you get unstuck.
- Depression.org.nz(external link) when you face challenges to your wellbeing, this website helps you find a way through with tools, videos, information, and advice.